Roisin McGrory (nee Harrigan) is a fiddle player based in the Inishowen Peninsula, County Donegal, Ireland. Her debut album The Brae Road was released in September 2016. Featuring original compositions and a thoughtful selection of Barndances, Highlands, Airs and Reels, the album explores the rich musical heritage of this most Northern part of Ireland.
This CD is a collaboration between the North Texas School of Irish Music, Houston School of Irish Music, and Ceol na Coille, an Irish music school in Letterkenny, Ireland.
‘Ark of Tides’, Dinny McLaughlin’s DVD/CD
In a lifetime devoted to music both as a musician and a teacher, Dinny McLaughlin’s legacy to the world of traditional music and the culture of Ireland is immeasurable. In every era, in order for us all to move forward, to develop our artistry in cultural terms and to realise our individual and collective potential, it often requires the foresight and courage of one individual to lead the way, to stand above the parapet and to suffer the oft derision and negativity. Dinny is without doubt the person who has pioneered the establishment of Inishowen as a centre of cultural excellence in Irish traditional music. In so doing, he has rightly elevated our indigenous culture and in his own lifetime has lived to see it consolidate and flourish. BUY NOW!
Traditional Irish Music Websites
- For Traditional Irish Music CDs, festivals, musicians, summer schools, and much more .
- TradConnect is a new social network for people who play, listen to and enjoy traditional Irish music.
- The Armagh Pipers Club which is based in Co. Armagh was founded in 1966 as an independent organisation to provide access to and promote traditional music in the Armagh area.
- Blue Ridge Irish Music School Charlottesville VA:
- Dedicated to teaching the living art of Irish traditional music and fostering a dynamic environment for it in Central Virginia and beyond.
- Martin Crossan: Uilleann Pipe maker